QA Executer (SQAE or AQAL)
Quality Assurance - HQ Office, Colombo
We are Ascentic, a Swe-Lankan Software development partner in Colombo. Founded in 2017 to support Swedish clients with their software needs we have quickly scaled up into a stable, yet still growing, teenage company. Today we are over 50 geeky, fun-loving and ambitious Ascenders, working together to create the best workplace in Sri Lanka.
Right now we are looking for a QA Executer (SQAE or AQAL level) to join our family. Is that you?
How we will definitely convince you
- You'll be a happy member of a team that's dedicated and happy with you
- We provide training and development possibilities with an individual perspective
- On-site we offer you free fruits and snacks
- We do regular events on-and-off-site because we don't think the working hours are enough time to spend together
- Extreme patience, ability to listen, a sense of humor and a tenacity for delivering results is a must
- Thrives on taking ownership and managing your own work
- Gets excited about uncharted territory or ambiguous circumstances
- Strong analytical skill set to decipher client needs and recommend solutions
- Loves asking questions and discuss in order to get a deeper understanding
Our dream hire...
- Knowledge of a range of software applications and of hardware and networks
- Ability to think in the abstract and see how small details fit into the bigger picture
- A creative mindset – and the ability to approach a problem creatively
- Has strong communication and interpersonal skills
- A meticulous approach to work
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of systems
- Has the drive and motivation to learn, lead and contribute at a high level
- At least 3 years experience as a QA Engineer
- It's a plus if you have experience in automation
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with our Swedish clients to decipher their needs and with the development team transform that into crisp and smooth digital products
- Develop, execute, and maintain automated test scripts
- Participate in the entire testing project lifecycle from requirements to test executions
- Document test issues and work with development team to validate/recreate issue
- Maintain high traceability by documenting test cases for the user story
- Work in an agile environment
- Actively communicate testing status, including schedule, risks, issues, defects and potential impacts
- Train, guide and lead by spreading your knowledge to your colleagues
At Ascentic we expect a lot from you, which means you can expect a lot from us. We always strive to work with the latest in tech and make sure you have an individual development plan to meet your career goals. We have a flat organisation with few managers so your opinion and ideas can shine. We build our company culture on courage, trust and believe in each others' ability to deliver excellent work.
Ascentic promotes a casual, fun and easy-going office experience where you can be yourself and you get the flexibility you need to have real work-life balance. Even though we do spend a lot of time together working on cool projects, we also get together frequently to do fun activities such as weekly games, treats, getaways, sports and health initiatives.
Ascentic is an equal opportunity employer with the belief that our differences makes us stronger. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment that reflect the Sri Lankan society represented by all genders, sexual orientations, ethnicities and religions.
Curious? Great! What are you waiting for - join the spaceship today!