We are Ascentic, a Swe-Lankan Software development partner in Colombo. Founded in 2017 to support Swedish clients with their software needs we have scaled into a stable, yet still growing, company. Today we are over 90 geeky and dedicated Ascenders, joined by the will to build great products and create the best workplace in Sri Lanka.
Right now we are looking for a UI/UX Engineer (SSE / ATL level) to join our crew. Is that you?
- Strong listening skills, a sense of humor and a will to build rock-solid and smart products
- Ability to use your experience creativity to solve real-world problems for the end users of your solutions
- A sense of urgency and grit that helps you to work through challenges
- Willingness to take charge and drive your work also when the road is not fully paved
- Has the drive to learn and apply new skills to master with the ever-changing software industry
Our dream hire:
- Has at least 4+ years of demonstrable experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar as well as a strong portfolio of related projects
- Completed bachelor's degree in Computer Science, IT, or Software Engineering
- Solid knowledge of prototyping tools such as Figma, Adobe XD, Invision, etc.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud Suite (Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
- Experience from solutions in healthcare, point of sales and/or financial domain is a plus
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Positive attitude, energetic, result & delivery oriented, keen interest in quality and intense attention to detail
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with the Product Owner to establish business requirements and translate these into the designs
- Evaluate and identify the intersection of business needs, customer needs, and technical opportunities
- Create innovative, user-friendly interface designs for the applications that create a seamless, informative experience for our customers
- Assists with user research, journey maps, and user flows, translating findings into wireframes and interactive prototypes
- Has a good sense of urgency and experience in working against project timelines and plans
At Ascentic we expect a lot from you, which means you can expect a lot from us. We always strive to work with the greatest in tech and make sure you are supported in your individual development plan to meet your career goals. We have a flat organisation where everyone is expected to make their voices heard. Outside of the crunch hours we get together in weekly games, treats, getaways, sports and health initiatives.
Ascentic is an equal opportunity employer with the belief that our differences make us stronger together. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment that reflect the Sri Lankan society represented by all genders, sexual orientations, ethnicities and religions.
Curious? Great, let's talk!