We are Ascentic, a Swe-Lankan Software development partner in Colombo. Founded in 2017 to support Swedish clients with their software needs we have scaled into a stable, yet still growing, company. Today we are over 90 geeky and dedicated Ascenders, joined by the will to build great products and create the best workplace in Sri Lanka.
Right now we are looking for an Associate QA Lead - Automation to join our family. Is that you?
- Strong listening skills, a sense of humor and a will to build rock-solid and smart products
- Ability to use your experience creativity to solve real-world problems for the end users of your solutions
- A sense of urgency and grit that helps you to work through challenges
- Willingness to take charge and drive your work also when the road is not fully paved
- Has the drive to learn and apply new skills to master with the ever-changing software industry
Our Dream Hire
- A Champion, who is excellent in both manual and automated testing.
- A Guru, who knows ins and outs of test automation, performance testing and API automation testing
- A Leader, who can motivate and drive the team
- A Geek who loves to explore new technologies and face new challenges
- A Consultant, who provides trusted advice to the team and the stakeholders
What you need to have
- 5-7 years’ work experience in QA.
- Degree in IT or similar.
- Hands-on experience with API automated testing
- A solid understanding of QA processes, best practices, testing techniques, and methodologies is a must.
- Experience in working in an Agile environment
- Thinking outside the box, critical evaluation, and communication skills.
- Experience in Performance Testing and/or Security Testing will be an added advantage
What you will do
- Provide consultancy when needed across projects regarding manual, automation, performance, and API automated tests.
- Be at the forefront in leading and driving teams to develop, maintain and use an automation framework.
- Stay up to date with industry best practices, new testing tools, and test strategies
- Develop and apply relevant testing processes to new and existing products to meet the quality needs.
At Ascentic we expect a lot from you, which means you can expect a lot from us. We always strive to work with the greatest in tech and make sure you are supported in your individual development plan to meet your career goals. We have a flat organisation where everyone is expected to make their voices heard. Outside of the crunch hours we get together in weekly games, treats, getaways, sports and health initiatives.
Ascentic is an equal opportunity employer with the belief that our differences makes us stronger together. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment that reflect the Sri Lankan society represented by all genders, sexual orientations, ethnicities and religions.
Curious? Great, let's talk!