Quality Assurance - HQ Office, Colombo
We are Ascentic, a Swe-Lankan Software development partner in Colombo. Founded in 2017 to support Swedish clients with their software needs we have quickly scaled up into a stable, yet still growing, company. Today we are over 50 engaged, fun-loving and focused Ascenders, with the aspiration of together creating the best workplace in Sri Lanka.
Right now we are looking for a QA Lead to join our family. Is that you?
How we will definitely convince you
- You'll be happy to be a member of a team that's dedicated and happy with you
- Education and development potential with an individual perspective
- On-site we offer you free fruits and snacks
- Travelling to our Swedish clients to get to know their businesses
- At regular events, we strengthen our team spirit and, above all, have fun!
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ability to play a Proxy Product Owner role in the project by;
- Understand Customer requirements and help identify product vision, road-map and growth opportunities
- Providing vision /direction to the Agile development team and stakeholders throughout the project and create requirements
- Provide backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of requirements
- Take ownership of product roadmap by working closely with different business stakeholders on creating and prioritizing development activities
- Lead team in the planning, constructing and execution of test scripts from the initial stages until project completion
- Participate in discussion with business partners in order to provide guidance in the test field
- Ensure all testing results are understandable, accessible and traceable
- Apply business and functional knowledge including testing standards, guidelines and testing methodology to meet the overall test objectives.
- Play an active role in mitigating impediments and risks
- Provide the right testing solutions depending on the product/ team maturity
- Keep abreast with Agile/Scrum best practices and trends
- Ability to lead and drive a team to meet deadlines with high quality deliverables
- Ability to lead test automation rollout
- Works to increase project productivity and quality
- Degree in IT or similar relevant field
- Minimum 7 years work experience in Quality Assurance and experience as a Business Analyst
- Hands-on experience managing all stages of the product life cycle in Agile
- Deep and understanding of quality assurance and testing processes
- Strong communication, negotiation, presentation and leadership skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to drive processes independently
- Sharp analytical and problem solving skills
- Attention to details
- Experience working in distributed teams
For us it’s more important to have the right mindset and drive than on-paper meeting all qualifications - don’t hesitate to apply if you feel you are the right woman or man for the job!
At Ascentic we expect a lot from you, which means you can expect a lot from us. We always strive to work with the latest in tech and make sure you have an individual development plan to meet your career goals. We have a flat organisation with few managers so your opinion and ideas matter and are rewarded. Our office is not a strict environment, instead focusing on building trust and being accountable to each other.
Ascentic promotes a casual, fun and easy-going office experience where you can be yourself, where we also give you the space to work with the flexibility you need to experience real work-life balance. We of course also do lots of activities together like weekly games, treats, getaways, sports and health initiatives.
Ascentic is an equal opportunity employer with the belief that our differences makes us stronger together. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment that reflect the Sri Lankan society represented by all genders, sexual orientations, ethnicities and religions.