We are Ascentic, a Swe-Lankan Software development partner in Colombo. Founded in 2017 to support Swedish clients with their software needs we have scaled into a stable, yet still growing, company. Today we are over 115 geeky and dedicated Ascenders, joined by the will to build great products and create the best workplace in Sri Lanka.
Right now we are looking for a Data Scientist to join our family. Is that you?
- Strong listening skills, a sense of humor and a will to build rock-solid and smart products
- Ability to use your experience creativity to solve real-world problems for the end users of your solutions
- A sense of urgency and grit that helps you to work through challenges
- Willingness to take charge and drive your work also when the road is not fully paved
- Has the drive to learn and apply new skills to master with the ever-changing software industry
Our dream hire
- An innate love for data and research.
- Experience and exposure to Natural Language Processing (NLP) preferably using python
- Deep knowledge of math, statistics, algorithms and data structures
- Loves brainstorming and coming up with new and creative ideas
- Can take ownership and drive your commitments with good results
What you’ll do
You will work with our customer’s data science team in natural language processing using Python. In doing so, you will be Improving the existing implementation and researching on new strategies and solutions to solve the problems that affect the core business of the customer.
At Ascentic we expect a lot from you, which means you can expect a lot from us. We always strive to work with the greatest in tech and make sure you are supported in your individual development plan to meet your career goals. We have a flat organisation where everyone is expected to make their voices heard. Outside of the crunch hours we get together in weekly games, treats, getaways, sports and health initiatives.
Ascentic is an equal opportunity employer with the belief that our differences makes us stronger together. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment that reflect the Sri Lankan society represented by all genders, sexual orientations, ethnicities and religions.
Great, let's talk!